Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to street holdens enjoy your stay

Latest topics

» Suey's vu Ss
by suey Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:44 pm

» Gday new guy from tassie
by VRCALAIS Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 am

» my 1996 VS Acclaim
by MICK JE76VS Mon May 14, 2012 1:01 pm

» vq caproce shell
by VRCALAIS Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

» Whats your JOB
by O.SODVS Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:37 pm

» Diagnostic and Tuning Software
by O.SODVS Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:48 am

» OSODVS - VN SS
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:19 pm

» The NEW VL SL
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

» where is every one????
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

» MY CAR » Commodore » VL » Vl Turbo Conversion

Vl Turbo Conversion

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Vl Turbo Conversion - Page 2 Empty Re: Vl Turbo Conversion Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:07 am

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

only thing i can suggest to find out is pull one hose of a crank it over, take coil lead off.

See if it squirts out of the hose. If not its the other one.

27Vl Turbo Conversion - Page 2 Empty Re: Vl Turbo Conversion Sat May 21, 2011 7:40 am

Detox_nath83

Detox_nath83
SUPER MODERATOR

Righto so im nearly settled after much moving etc and sorting my net out. been using my Mobile as a tethered bluetooth modem to get me by.

About a month back i took the L to a mates Exhaust shop and used a hoist for half the day. as i noticed an oil leak which was dropping off from my bellhousing. i immediately knew this was

the rear main was shot.. Hoping for just some loose Sump bolts or damaged sump gasket, sadly it wasn't.

So Gearbox out (trans oil was a little burnt oops) flywheel off and this is what i was confronted with

Vl Turbo Conversion - Page 2 Photo255

So out with the old and in with the new
Vl Turbo Conversion - Page 2 Photo256

Then while i was at it. Dumped the engine oil/filter, new input and output shaft seals on the box then bolted her back in. also ditched the old trans filter and installed a new one as well as tightened the front and rear bands.

Vl Turbo Conversion - Page 2 Photo254

Vl Turbo Conversion - Page 2 Photo258

Replaced fluids and away i go. Box is a lot more happy and i have no oil leak.Wooommmpppaaaaa Razz

Stupid me i should have done the tail-shaft Uni's and center bearing as well but i did not think that far ahead from the other things i was doing.

Cheers Guys...
Nate

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

» MY CAR » Commodore » VL » Vl Turbo Conversion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum