Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to street holdens enjoy your stay

Latest topics

» Suey's vu Ss
by suey Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:44 pm

» Gday new guy from tassie
by VRCALAIS Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 am

» my 1996 VS Acclaim
by MICK JE76VS Mon May 14, 2012 1:01 pm

» vq caproce shell
by VRCALAIS Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

» Whats your JOB
by O.SODVS Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:37 pm

» Diagnostic and Tuning Software
by O.SODVS Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:48 am

» OSODVS - VN SS
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:19 pm

» The NEW VL SL
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

» where is every one????
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon

+5
chrisso 82
O.SODVS
RazzaCaine
aussie_macca
SIKVLT
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:16 pm

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

Hey guys
Well I'll start at the beginning as I have already done a few mods to the wag...

I bought it off Trade Me in March '07 as a white, standard factory SL Turbo Wagon. I was originally after a sedan and never really gave wagons any thought but liked the idea of it being a little different. Especially the fact it was a factory turbo wagon!!!
Which with all my reseach to date has me thinking it's the only genuine wagon in NZ there has been a rumour that there was one in Chch but noone can confirm it Shocked

After winning the auction (yep good ol trade me lol) I flew down to Invercargill as fast as I could and picked up the new addition to the family, and drove it all the way back home with a grin from ear to ear ! Very Happy Very Happy

Specs =

Engine = RB30ET

Trans = MX7 5 speed

Mods so far
Interior = Momo wheel,custom dash,boost gauge,fire extinguisher

Engine = Gktech noholes intercooler kit - running between 9psi to 13 psi depending on my mood Wink otherwise standard

Body = calais lower door moulds,side skirts and eyelids,put universal seal in front windscreen and deleted roof strips,35% tints all round,Rolled guards

Suspension = Aftermarket front and rear swaybars,G-MAX M190 18" mags,superlow kings with shortend shocks and adjustable panhard rod

Here she is the day I brung her home
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_TURBOWAGON_0011SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_TURBOWAGON

The dash was the first thing to come out and be replaced with a customised dash from my n/a VL Calais that I was wrecking
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_TURBOWAGON_0004SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_Blondie034SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_Blondie036SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_Blondie032SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_Blondie033

Definately an improvement!!

Then started on the body - VL nosecone and replaced with the calais eyelids, side skirts, lower door moulds and added some super low kingsprings with shocks. I then removed the roof racks and chrome roof strips before paint

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_FrontWagSIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_23

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_DSC00454SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_wagonpicsetc028SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_DSC00503SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_DSC00482SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_DSC00506

We had a bit of a suprise as all VLs do...
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Th_DSC00463

And with the new universal seal sits alot flusher and looks the part plus is alot better than the rust breeding factory seal and plastic strips !
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC00591

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC00589

After paint and with lower suspension ....

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC01116

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC01114

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC02690
Standard and not so standard haha
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC02688

I finally chose the mags for the wag it took about 3 months of looking for the right ones that I was happy with they are

G-MAX M190 18"
Also when it was in HYPER getting kitted out I got 35% tints alround aswell 8-)
And the mussus surpised me with a P.Plate "SIK VLT" which I was stoaked with

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC01890
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC01894
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC01869
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC01876

Then the exhaust tip was bugging the crap outta me so put on a 3" dumpy Smile

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC02901

Then mid 2008 the clutch decided it had enough

Did a mission and with the help of my brother pulled the gearbox out and took the flywheel away to get machined then put back together with a new exedy HD 5 puk clutch made a huge differents
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC03185

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC03182

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC03181

Had some time to kill so finally got around to doing the bonnet strut thing been meaning to do it for ages it only took 30mins so should've done it a long time ago haha

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC03307

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC03308

Put her on the dyno in dec 2008 did 140RwKw was pretty stoaked with that (and that was stock standard no cooler no extra boost)

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC03598

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC03597

Here's the vids of the dyno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA6dfZ6zdJs&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5V5QWc4zjs

Then the rocker cover got a birthday

Before

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC03578

After

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC03587

Got my hands on a Gktech cooler kit a no holes one which means you dont have to cut holes either side of your inner guards to run the pipes through

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04358

Just before Powercruise 2009 got some time off so went ahead and put the kit on

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04428

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04430

but with the aussie kit they like there coolers hidden from the cops I was in two minds weather to have it stealth or get a bigger cooler but as some people pointed out the wagon gets enough looks now so wasn't much point hiding the cooler lol
Hidden 600x230x76
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04429

Now with 600x300x76

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04598

That pretty much brings you upto date as of now as you can see I love working on her and enjoy showing it to other people specially when it's something a little bit rare in NZ Wink

Anyway tell me what ya think guys I'm ok with good or bad comments

Some shots from Powercruise 2009

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Powercruise2009Cruising076

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  104

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  39

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  42

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Mike5

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Mike1-2

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04598

2SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 pm

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

took the wag to Night speed drag wars last night 11-12-09 with afew runs on a super slick track we ran a best of 15.07 at 146.09 so wanted a 14 but may run in the summer series when the weather is better

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04719

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04707

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04702

And some vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ9Am3bJ-kM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN4wI_eETlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWb3d5lhYZg&feature=channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRputkFtb1g&feature=channel

Not the fastest out there but man we had a blast doing it !

3SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:18 pm

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

a group of us went to Kumeu classic car and hotrod show was heaps of people there such a hot day though ! got some real good comments on the wag which makes the hours of cleaning and hours of driving seem all worth it lol

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSCF0422

Someone asked to have a look under the hood once it was up it was near impossible to put it down again (to many heads pokeing around under it) so for most of the day Dannys (who owns the marron/silver VLT) and mine stayed like this :?

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSCF0421

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC08447

4SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:19 pm

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

some pics of what I got upto in the weekend of Feb 27 2010
Big thanx to Danny and his girlfreind Miranda for lend of their cars for the day Smile
SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC05042

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC05043

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC05037

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04942

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC04944

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXuB361M32c

5SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:20 pm

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

Got hold of these- I will give them a reco as some of them have had a hard time

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC05476-1

They are VL Turbo hubcaps might seem strange to those that don't know but they are very rare and only came out on VLTs so to get 2 sets in NZ is something 8-)

6SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:21 pm

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

My brother and I pulled the engine out

Going to do afew things in there to tidy it up and of course paint it

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC05719-1

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC05724

SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  DSC05726

7SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:23 pm

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

Brings you upto date at where shes at at the moment I've actaully done a fair bit over the last week to the engine bay i'll get some pics soon

8SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:35 am

aussie_macca

aussie_macca
SUPER MODERATOR

looks aboslutely mint mate. how did it go with the gktech kit before you put
the bigger cooler on? only asking because im looking at throwing one of these
on mine in the next 3-4 weeks

9SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:54 am

RazzaCaine

RazzaCaine
SUPER MODERATOR

not a big fan of wagons but yours is an exception! very nice work man. got any big plans for it??

10SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:15 am

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

Very neat man, I like it heaps...

My mate has a vlt wagon and is awesome.....goes hard too..I bet you be loving this mate. Wouldn't be too many vlt wagons over there..

11SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:16 am

chrisso 82

chrisso 82
SUPER MODERATOR

GREAT EXAMPLE of a VL wagon mate very different but very cool !!!!!!!!!

12SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:57 am

Detox_nath83

Detox_nath83
SUPER MODERATOR

yeah man awesome.. Like it alot. very tidy. Like the drag vids as well,,
so after the cooler man what boost u puttin in now?

13SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:15 am

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

Whoa heaps of replys lol i'll go one at a time

aussie_macca wrote:looks aboslutely mint mate. how did it go with the gktech kit before you put
the bigger cooler on? only asking because im looking at throwing one of these
on mine in the next 3-4 weeks

cheers man - I only had the gktech cooler on for about a week while waiting for the bigger cooler to come was always my intention to go the bigger one she run bloody good aye didn't notice much of a difference switching to the bigger one only bad thing I can say about the kit is the clamps for the joiners arn't the best I ended up useing bigger stainless ones

RazzaCaine wrote:
not a big fan of wagons but yours is an exception! very nice work man. got any big plans for it??

Thanx you could say there's some big plans for it she is in bits at the moment going to totally deloom and smooth the bay have sold off all the calais gear going back to the SL look and will be looking at perhaps another colour

Nackerz wrote:
Very neat man, I like it heaps...

My mate has a vlt wagon and is awesome.....goes hard too..I bet you be loving this mate. Wouldn't be too many vlt wagons over there..

Nah this seems to be the only one still can't track down the one in the south island if there was even one down there ?? It is real hard case taking it for warrants and regos everytime I get " Where's your cert plate mate" i'm like it's factory turbo came out like that ....the look they give me is priceless
haha

chrisso 82 wrote:
GREAT EXAMPLE of a VL wagon mate very different but very cool !!!!!!!!!

Thanx dude lol it's about to be just that little bit more different ! alien

Last edited by SIKVLT on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total

14SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:33 am

chrisso 82

chrisso 82
SUPER MODERATOR

hey mate i see you changed your front window rubbers to the aftermarket ones
good choice i fitted the same to my VB once again mate cool car!!!!!

15SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:43 am

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

Detox_nath83 wrote:yeah man awesome.. Like it alot. very tidy. Like the drag vids as well,,
so after the cooler man what boost u puttin in now?

drag vids are abit of a laugh aye when your in the car feels like your going bloody fast but the vids make it look slow as lol

Boost was set at 10 psi for street and 13 for events (drags and PC) 13 was all the standard injectors will handle they start to max out

16SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:45 am

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

chrisso 82 wrote:hey mate i see you changed your front window rubbers to the aftermarket ones
good choice i fitted the same to my VB once again mate cool car!!!!!

Yeah I've never been a fan of the stock rust breeding ones aye one of the best mods you can do

17SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:38 am

VLC86

VLC86
CHOP SHOPPER

Love this wagon. Looks so nice and clean. I liked the stealth cooler though, gives more of a sleeper look.

What springs have you got in there?

18SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:14 am

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

VLC86 wrote:Love this wagon. Looks so nice and clean. I liked the stealth cooler though, gives more of a sleeper look.

What springs have you got in there?

thanx man

It did give it a sleeper look but even with the bigger cooler no one really knows what the hell they looking at anyway - here in NZ the VLT is still a myth to most people lol

springs are kingsprings super low with shortened shocks

19SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:25 am

VLC86

VLC86
CHOP SHOPPER

haha when i was over there, i saw plenty of N/A's and definatey no turbos haha.

Ah sweet. i like how low it sits. I was thinking low but maybe ill look into superlows

20SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:33 am

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

Where abouts did you go while you were over here ?

Yeah it sat real nice with the calais rims and super lows

21SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:39 am

VLC86

VLC86
CHOP SHOPPER

all around the south island.
christchurch to dunedin to invercargill to queenstown to hanmer springs then back to christchurch

22SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:43 am

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

Oh true that's bloody nice down there aye abit cold but worth the trip I know of 4 VLTs down there 2 being BT1s plus a very rare HDT calais wagon

23SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:45 am

VLC86

VLC86
CHOP SHOPPER

yeah definately got cold.

wish i saw that HDT wagon. that would be an awesome car to have.

24SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:10 am

PSIWPN

PSIWPN

mike your wagon has to be one of my favourite vls in nz awesome car man love it. ill have to post up my car once i get used to useing this forum

25SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon  Empty Re: SIKVLT - SL Turbo wagon Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:29 am

SIKVLT

SIKVLT
ADMINISTRATOR

Hey cheers Hayden good on ya for joining up it does take some getting use to and yes post up a thread on your beast

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum