Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to street holdens enjoy your stay

Latest topics

» Suey's vu Ss
by suey Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:44 pm

» Gday new guy from tassie
by VRCALAIS Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 am

» my 1996 VS Acclaim
by MICK JE76VS Mon May 14, 2012 1:01 pm

» vq caproce shell
by VRCALAIS Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

» Whats your JOB
by O.SODVS Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:37 pm

» Diagnostic and Tuning Software
by O.SODVS Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:48 am

» OSODVS - VN SS
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:19 pm

» The NEW VL SL
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

» where is every one????
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

installing new head unit into vl

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1installing new head unit into vl Empty installing new head unit into vl Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:12 am

NASTY1

NASTY1

hey all.
purchased a new pioneer 8250bt head unit.
cant exactly remember how to wire up a head unit its been along time.
ive searched every where and got no luck unless i have the origional stereo loom as where i am just wiring fresh.

ive looked on ct ive looked on jc but as usual its all vn/vp v6 shit.'

any help i plan on wiring it in tomorow cheers

2installing new head unit into vl Empty Re: installing new head unit into vl Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:23 am

aussie_macca

aussie_macca
SUPER MODERATOR

ey mate you got a test light?

all ya need to find is the constant (yellow on the head unit) power for the memory and the acc power (red on the head unit) then i'd always suggest making your own earth and i have no idea about calais ariels but if they're powered then im pretty sure those are blue on the head unit?, then its just a matter of taking your pairs of speaker wires and trying them on the (if i remember for most head units) theres the white pair for your front left the grey pair for your front right green pair = rear left and purple = rear right.....fresh wiring would be such a shock to the system....almost every car thats 10+ years old has always had 30 new wires sticky taped and half soldered and blue tacked and fair dinkum ive even seen an old italians vh that had no joke chewing gum holding his power wires together.......but yeah if you have a test light you cant go wrong....and if not just solder a wire to a pin and the other end of the wire to a 12v globe then 1 more wire from the other globe pin as the earth and youve got a bush mechanics test light lol....id best stop rambling shit now

3installing new head unit into vl Empty Re: installing new head unit into vl Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:31 am

aussie_macca

aussie_macca
SUPER MODERATOR

this ought to save you some time mate

installing new head unit into vl Wiring10

4installing new head unit into vl Empty Re: installing new head unit into vl Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:40 am

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

That should help you out man. If not let me know and I will help ya man

5installing new head unit into vl Empty Re: installing new head unit into vl Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:27 am

NASTY1

NASTY1

all done guys it all came back to me .

cheers for call nackers that left front speaker was dodgin shit up i have to go for xmas lunches etc so ill get home tonight and mess around.

also the 6#9s sound bit crackly so im gona put an older set in but stil cranks good cant wait to make a real parcel shelf and amp them

6installing new head unit into vl Empty Re: installing new head unit into vl Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:24 am

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

Good shit mate!

Thats cool man, anytime man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum