Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to street holdens enjoy your stay

Latest topics

» Suey's vu Ss
by suey Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:44 pm

» Gday new guy from tassie
by VRCALAIS Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 am

» my 1996 VS Acclaim
by MICK JE76VS Mon May 14, 2012 1:01 pm

» vq caproce shell
by VRCALAIS Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

» Whats your JOB
by O.SODVS Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:37 pm

» Diagnostic and Tuning Software
by O.SODVS Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:48 am

» OSODVS - VN SS
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:19 pm

» The NEW VL SL
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

» where is every one????
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Missus factory vl 5 litre

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Missus factory vl 5 litre Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:41 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

Name: Cece (Nackerz Fiance)
Model: Holden VL 5 Litre Commodore SL
Colour: White over Silver
Bodykit: None, Calais Mock up
Engine Type: 308 Carby
Power: When dyno'd before exhaust system 122.5 rwkw at 126kph
Exhaust: 2 1/2
Gearbox: Trimatic
Diff: 3.08 ratio v8 diff single pegger
Brakes: VL Turbo brakes all round
Suspension: Super Lows in the arse with pedders shocks, Front New lovel super low springs with new garbel shocks, K-Mac adjustable strut tops
Wheels/Tyres: 19"
Interior: Stock with autotechnica front racing seats
Stereo: None atm
Build Period: Starts NOW LOL Razz
Cost: Straight Swap for the VR, I will show you a pic

Motor:

Worked 308, Rebulit rings and main crank shaft bearings, New gaskets 8000 km's ago everything cleaned and checked.
Mods to motor is a 2 stage cam and lifters, Port 'n' polished heads, 8mm top gun leads. Got a nice 135 kws at the wheels not bad for a black 308 which came out with 122 kws at flywheel.

Exhaust:

Genie extractors with a 2 1/2inch new red back exhaust sounds good!

Transmission & diff:

Is a rebuilt 3 speed trimatic 8,000 kms just had a service 250 km's. Shifts so smooth. Diff is a good no noise 3:08 ratio solid no knocks.

Suspenstion:

Super lows at back with pedders shocks and front is brand new lovel super low springs with new garbel shocks.

Ok Pictures

First is VR that we swapped for the VL

Missus factory vl 5 litre Mj0box

Ok heres the BEAST!!!

Missus factory vl 5 litre Kdkirm
Missus factory vl 5 litre Jj18qx
Missus factory vl 5 litre 2hqyp2r
Missus factory vl 5 litre 2lu501t
Missus factory vl 5 litre Hssx0k

Alrighty guys, for the last 24hours have gone right over the car just to see what it needed for a RWC........ OH BOY!!!! Surprised we made it home!!!! the front left strut fell out on me when i was moving it out of the shed!!!! The steering seems a bit loose need to have a look at what would be causing it. the guy had put STANDARD shocks in the arse with lowered springs so atm its raised on stock springs all round until we buy a spring compressor and lowered shocks for the arse.

Pulled the dash out so i could work out all the wiring cause i noticed that it was a real mess!!! I'M SURPRISED ANYTHING IS ACTUALLY WORKING!!! the ******** had painted the dash and looks like that he couldn't be bothered wiring everything back up!!! so while the dash is out gunna paint it black. The missus isn't too keen on the colour of the interior thats in it atm.

So far have figured out for a RWC it needs:

- Number Plate light
- Rear tail light globes
- Rear parcel shelf welded back up cause it was cut
- Sunvisor Clips.

Also just installed a full Nothlane Suspension Bush Kit, front and rear.

The missus has decided that she wants to turn it into a full calais mock up so we are gunna start collecting the parts that I don't have for it. Gotta try and find a genunie calais front as the one thats on it is only a fibreglass front.

She has some ideas on what colour she wants to paint it but any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Alrighty guys for the last 2 days cece and I have been really busy!!!! Cece has resprayed a majority of the interior, that will be finished tomorrow. I've installed her head unit, fixed some rust in the boot, wired up a number plate light, wired up a push button start switch, cleaned up all the wiring in the engine bay an under the dash and removed the old alarm system. Tomorrow cece is going to finish the interior ( will post up pictures ) I'm going to wire in a kill switch, weld the parcel shelf ( ******** had cut it ) and weld up the spare tyre well where rust has eaten through. She's coming to shape slowly and hopefully in the next week or two we'll be able to go and get her registered!!!!

Ok guys, Cece has finished the interior and as promised heres some photos of her handy work Smile

Missus factory vl 5 litre 20qjtz5
Missus factory vl 5 litre 4kzkft
Missus factory vl 5 litre E8vazr
Missus factory vl 5 litre 263auit
Missus factory vl 5 litre 24g0q35
Missus factory vl 5 litre 16bkkrd
Missus factory vl 5 litre Whe2wh
Missus factory vl 5 litre V6me4m
Missus factory vl 5 litre 1e2d7m
Missus factory vl 5 litre 2duct35
Missus factory vl 5 litre Ifvhbl
Missus factory vl 5 litre 2h6hjz6
Missus factory vl 5 litre 14dqa8y

Have fixed up the rust in the boot and fixed the parcel shelf. Started putting in her stereo. Its slowly getting there

Well looks like things ae going to be slowing down a little bit with this project....... Just found out Cece is pregnant so looks like the main thing at the moment will be to just get this thing onto the road for now.

Well we've had a bit of an interesting last week!!! We went and got a RWC for it so Cece can get it registered in Victoria, on the way to where we were going the car decides to stall and not start. no light nothing!!!!! too make things worse before we left home the bonnet cable decided to play up and we couldn't get the bonnet open!!! one of our mates came and helped us on the side of the road...... the problem..... a wire to the battery!!! the ******** before hand had just joined the two wires and tape them up...... so that problem fixed!!!! Passed the RWC no problems..... On the way home....... once again it decides to die on us!!!!! NOT HAPPY JAN!! Car decides that it won't turn over...... NO SPARK!!!! So got it towed away to the nearest town and had to leave it there over night... worst night sleep ever!!! Get there the next day... bought a brand new ignition module..... NOPE ....... Bought a brand new coil ..... nope ...... bought a brand new electric dizzy...... so over $300 dollars later and she starts. Have now also replaced the regulator..... Not happy!!! so she shouldn't break down any time soon!!!

But on a better note..... picked up a 650 holley double pumper for her

Well cece got a custom sticker made for the 308:

Missus factory vl 5 litre 30tm9hu
Missus factory vl 5 litre 25r36h3

Bit of a story behind it..... when we went and had a look at the car to begin with the guy was still on his p's. He had a Aussie Pride sticker on the back window and had removed the A and replaced it with his P plate... cece and I had a bit of a laugh and since then decided that it suited the car so she went and got one made up

Alright.... Well needing some ideas now on what the missus can do to her next. Not quite sure on what we can do!!!! I've just put a gilmer belt drive in and its sounding good!!!! but ideas on what to do next would be awsome!!!

Righteo.

New pictures

Changed the front bar from the fake calais front just to a stock one. looks a lot better now!!!

Missus factory vl 5 litre Wuplyg
Missus factory vl 5 litre Akhlk1
Missus factory vl 5 litre 2a5n2iu

she needs a wash badly but when ur driveway is a dirt road and all of this rain we've had!!! kinda a lil pointless

Well guys, this has been pulled of the road, and well let me just say, its just about to go into the shed to have some major work done on it Razz thats all im saying lol

2Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:20 am

chrisso 82

chrisso 82
SUPER MODERATOR

Hey nackerz that ride there is nice bud your missus must love cruisin in that!!!!!!

3Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:54 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

Yeah she does man, Thanks bud.........She dont at the moment because its in the shed in pieces getting a make over lol

4Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:04 pm

chrisso 82

chrisso 82
SUPER MODERATOR

I like the look of the black & white interior ,what new things you going to do to the car mate!!!!

5Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:10 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

Haha, sorry man....cant let the secret out...well time will tell and I bet you will like it even more man.

6Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:21 pm

chrisso 82

chrisso 82
SUPER MODERATOR

ha ha ha not bad mate what sort of time frame you looking at finishing??????

7Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:26 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

Hopefully if i pull my finger out, have it done soonish Very Happy

8Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:10 pm

Detox_nath83

Detox_nath83
SUPER MODERATOR

and as we know u fella ,
it will stay in pieces Hey Shauna?
Lookin the Goods man.
Keep it up.

9Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:26 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

who's the lazy one round here fairy pants???

Have you got them injectors in yet?
hope its finished soon!!

10Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:38 am

Detox_nath83

Detox_nath83
SUPER MODERATOR

Hahaha ok u got me:

Im gonna get dem dere injectors in soon chuckles

11Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:28 am

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

haha take that as a NO

12Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:28 am

aussie_macca

aussie_macca
SUPER MODERATOR

Changed the front bar from the fake calais front just to a stock one. looks a lot better now!!!

Can i ask whats so pox about the fibreglass front?? look bodgy as hell or something...only asking because i haven't seen one in person and have been looking at buying one from ebay lol.

13Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:34 am

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

aussie_macca wrote:Changed the front bar from the fake calais front just to a stock one. looks a lot better now!!!

Can i ask whats so pox about the fibreglass front?? look bodgy as hell or something...only asking because i haven't seen one in person and have been looking at buying one from ebay lol.

Yeah they look terrible man, If I was you I wouldn't get one. Just get a real one man straight up and save ya money.

14Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:45 am

aussie_macca

aussie_macca
SUPER MODERATOR

cheers for the pointer, might have to come pay a visit then make a hasty exit with the pop-ups from the walky as a souvenir tongue

15Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:08 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

haha you wish man!

.....I also have another one for this Razz

16Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:16 pm

[jonnoo]

[jonnoo]
SUPER MODERATOR

NACKERZ go to a ford dealerhip and take a photo with the bonnet up and post it up Razz
needa get the game rolling

also this car would look sick with a kit

17Missus factory vl 5 litre Empty Re: Missus factory vl 5 litre Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:37 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

yeah aint going to put a kit on man.....and yeah maybe, have to ask cece

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum