Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to street holdens enjoy your stay

Latest topics

» Suey's vu Ss
by suey Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:44 pm

» Gday new guy from tassie
by VRCALAIS Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 am

» my 1996 VS Acclaim
by MICK JE76VS Mon May 14, 2012 1:01 pm

» vq caproce shell
by VRCALAIS Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

» Whats your JOB
by O.SODVS Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:37 pm

» Diagnostic and Tuning Software
by O.SODVS Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:48 am

» OSODVS - VN SS
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:19 pm

» The NEW VL SL
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

» where is every one????
by O.SODVS Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

My 308 i'm currently building

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My 308 i'm currently building Empty My 308 i'm currently building Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:30 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

This is my 308 out of my vk commo.

It was meant to be worked. With the following mods done:

Block acid dipped, Deck matched n bored 60thou, flat top pistons. Secret size cam. Lol... Heads shavd portd n polishd exhst port matched. O/s valves n springs. Heads built for 500hp and I think a 355 stroker...

However this is not what I found out today Sad

Well first off...I had to pull the intake manifold off as the gasket was hanging out the back near the dizzy..

Second I thought I might aswell do the head gaskets why I have it out of the car.Well that was lucky, because the gaskets were just about to blow anyways.

The bores are stock as a rock with STD pistons. With a big arse lips on the bores....NOT ####ING HAPPY JAN!!!!

so the motor is completely striped down...and I will be doing the work to it..

All it has done to it is roll master double row timing chain and a cam!

My 308 i'm currently building 2h81p2h
My 308 i'm currently building 2s76nuu
My 308 i'm currently building 11rvgj4
My 308 i'm currently building 7287t1
My 308 i'm currently building 144biu0
My 308 i'm currently building 2upy3dh
My 308 i'm currently building 2h39b9e
My 308 i'm currently building 24gt95k

2My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:32 am

chrisso 82

chrisso 82
SUPER MODERATOR

Hey nackerz what 's the plans for the 308 mate as you know i got the same motor
too and bog stock too. I want to do some work to it aswell let me know what your plans are mate!!!!!

3My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:05 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

Not 100% sure what I want to do man....Have been on aussie v8's and got some ideas. Will post them up man.

4My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:23 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

This:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="postcontent restore ">
If you want a killer street combo ill post it and i have built this combo many times over the years so i know it works.

You can save yourself a lot of money buy purchasing a lot of the stuff off ebay and from reputable companies like speed pro.
Read my post on "graphing your own dizzy using plain old logic" and you'll save 400 bills.
Don't let the engine builder supply the parts - it will cost you a fortune, you just give him your stuff and have him do what you need and nothing more (well except maybe the cam bearings as he will have to fit them).

So anyways here goes -

Heads (assuming they actually been ported) - have the spring pockets machined for 1.450 dual valve springs with 130 lb @ 1.800 installed and valve guides machined to take Teflon valve seals, crane dished retainers and valve locks, lash caps and TY bolt on adjustable roller rockers.

Bottom end - EFI/A9L conrods resized and ARP rod bolts fitted, hypertech flat top pistons with 1.5 mm chrome moly rings, crank ground and the whole lot balanced, block deburred, hot tanked, line bored, rebored to appropriate size and decked to zero deck height with ARP stud kit.

Cam - Crane CC280-2 solid cam or Speco blueprint 842R, solid lifters and one piece hardened push rods.

Distributor - graphed with 14 deg of mechanical advance (don't use the vac advance)

Exhaust - tri Y's with twin 2 1/2 inch, 2 x resonators to single 3 inch muffler and tail pipe.

Diff - 3.5 gears

Auto - beefed up trimatic with 3000 stall converter

fuel system - 120 gph electric fuel pump with bypass reg and return line back to tank.

Manifold - brock/police interceptor factory duel plane.

Carbi - very modified Qjet or Holley HP 750 dp, i guess your 650 will do for now.

This combo with good heads makes a genuine 420 fwhp and 400 ft lb torque and will happily rev to 7000 rpm reliably

http://www.aussiev8.com.au/ases/4.0....old-logic.html

Oh i forgot to mention - romac steel balancer for um i think there about 240 bills is needed as this combo will eat stock balancers.</BLOCKQUOTE>

5My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:24 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

But going 355 as it doesnt cost that much extra...maybe get out of it a bit cheaper with me doing the work Very Happy

6My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Detox_nath83

Detox_nath83
SUPER MODERATOR

Hey Man gotta be spewin about finding out all that Garbage About the motor.

7My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:02 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

Yeah man, tell me about it ey! So you decided to join ey??

8My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Detox_nath83

Detox_nath83
SUPER MODERATOR

yeah man why not:P i will help where i can.

9My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 am

Darren

SUPER MODERATOR

those pistons look like aftermarket pistons
factory pistons are dished, those in the picture are flat tops

10My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:51 am

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

308's came out with flat tops?

11My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:46 am

Darren

SUPER MODERATOR

nah Holden V8's came out with dished pistons standard
like this
My 308 i'm currently building Piston3

the 'STD' stamped into the pistons in your pics mean they are standard diameter ie not oversize. So by that you would assume the engine still has the standard sized bore, ie hasn't been rebored.

12My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:52 am

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

I know the STD means standard bore size...

I was told by several mechanics that they do...I'm also a mechanic aswell man, But I will take your word for it!

13My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Darren

SUPER MODERATOR

yeah I'm an ex- Holden mechanic myself. I've pulled down many Holden V8's over the years, all have dished pistons from factory. Factory compression ratios would be a lot higher if they were flat tops.

judging from what I can see in the pictures, apart from the lip on the bores, it looks like the internals are clean, which would suggest it was pulled down. But beats me why someone would go to all the trouble of stripping an engine down, acid dipping it and then putting it back together without reboring it..

so what sort of mods are you planning to do to the engine ?

14My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:27 pm

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

ok cool mate.

I dont think it has been acid dipped. As them photo's are taken after i cleaned most of it. Besides the pistons on one bank.

My plans are to stroke it to a 355

Darren wrote:yeah I'm an ex- Holden mechanic myself. I've pulled down many Holden V8's over the years, all have dished pistons from factory. Factory compression ratios would be a lot higher if they were flat tops.

judging from what I can see in the pictures, apart from the lip on the bores, it looks like the internals are clean, which would suggest it was pulled down. But beats me why someone would go to all the trouble of stripping an engine down, acid dipping it and then putting it back together without reboring it..

so what sort of mods are you planning to do to the engine ?

15My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:09 am

[jonnoo]

[jonnoo]
SUPER MODERATOR

this sucks man
what u should do.. is build it to the spec the seller said it was
then send the bills to the seller
if he doesnt pay sue him for false advertising Wink Smile

16My 308 i'm currently building Empty Re: My 308 i'm currently building Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:28 am

O.SODVS

O.SODVS
ADMINISTRATOR

Nah cant be bothered wasting my time and money man..Will just get built to a 355

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum